Nettleton iron mine was first opened circa 1928 by the Mid Lincolnshire Ironstone Company, later run by John Lysaghts and finally British Steel Corporation. Originally horses were used for haulage later replaced by locomotives, mining had ceased by 1968.
Tipping Ore into Wagons
Embankment from Haulage Tunnel Towards Main Drift
Building Tunnel Entrance
Frank Favill – Nettleton Coal with 4 Horses
Gala 1966 Rescue Display
Three Tunnel Entrances
Ponies and Pony Man